ECOFOR promotes a culture of workplace safety for all employees, subcontractors, and clients. The foundation of this culture is our Health, Safety, and Environment Program.
We are registered as both SAFE Certified (BC Forest Safety Council) and COR Certified (Alberta Construction Safety Association). Further, we are registered with ComplyWorks and ISNetworld, third-party contractor and supplier safety management and compliance tracking systems.
All Ecofor field staff have valid Level 1 first aid certificates. Employees are also provided with safety training required for their jobs, including:
- Transportation endorsement
- S100 Fire Suppression
- Electrofishing Certification
- Swift Water rescue
- H2S Alive
- Wilderness Awareness/Bear Aware
- ATV/UTV/Snowmobile safety
- Environmental Management
- Pleasure Craft Operators License
- Ground Disturbance
- Defensive Driving
- Fire Extinguisher training
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods