ECOFOR is an environmental and cultural heritage resource management company with offices in Yukon (Whitehorse), BC (Fort St James, Fort St John, Terrace, and Prince George), Alberta (Calgary) and Nova Scotia (Annapolis Valley). We provide multidisciplinary environmental consultation, specializing in fisheries, wildlife, cultural heritage, land use planning, forestry, and environmental risk management. Our company was founded in 1996 and has steadily grown to meet the demands of our clients, who include private industry, government agencies, aboriginal organizations and communities across Canada.
We are always accepting resumes for diligent and motivated individuals to join our team of over 60 professional and technical employees. Ecofor offers competitive wages, benefits, training and professional development opportunities. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
Professional Agrologist/Project Manager, Fort St John, BC – Job ID: 2017-028
Ecofor is currently seeking Professional Agrologist / Project Manager to join our team in our Fort St. John, BC office.
- Schedule A & B Assessments (BC Oil and Gas Commission)
- Seek opportunities for business development
- Contribute to environmental impact assessments, mitigation plans and proposals
- Assist in preparing and obtaining regulatory approvals for a wide variety of projects
- Potential to develop business in Phase 1 and 2 Contaminated Sites Assessments
- Secondary role assisting Ecofor teams with water quality, fish, birds, plants, wetlands, etc
- Environmental monitoring on construction projects (including soil characterization, spill preparedness, erosion and sediment control, noxious weeds).
- Approximate Work Distribution 60% Soils to 40% Other Environmental Work, increasing to higher portion of soils work as the program grows.
The key to this position is capability and willingness to contribute to a variety of disciplines.
- Strong soils classification experience.
- Ability to work in a strong safety culture.
- Experience and ability to travel and work in remote settings under adverse conditions;
- Able to work away from home for shift work from time to time.
- Must be a Professional Agrologist registered or eligible for registration with the BC Institute of Agrologists.
- Eligibility to become a BC Contaminated Sites Approved Professional (CSAP) is not required for this position but would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the provincial and federal environmental assessment regulatory environment in Alberta and BC.
- Excellent field note taking, report writing, communication, and computer skills.
- Desire to grow business, and work closely (both in a field lead and support role) with other environmental professionals, environmental discipline leads, and First Nations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and certification in ATV/UTV operations and other industrial safety tickets would be an asset
In your cover letter explain your eligibility in relation to each of the PAg / CSAP pathways.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5, 2017. Please include the Job ID number you are applying for in your cover letter/ resume. We wish to thank everyone for their interest in Ecofor; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To download the full ad, please click here 2017-028 Prof Agro-PM-FSJohn